Juice Cleanse prep !
Before you start your Root Juice Cleanse:
- Processed Food, Drinks and Snacks: Try avoid anything containing preservatives, stabilisers, colourings, flavourings and other additives. Try fruits and vegetables e.g. carrots, celery, apples for a day or two before you start.
- Caffeinated Drinks & Alcohol: Reduce your coffee and tea intake in the days leading up to the cleanse and avoid energy drinks and all alcohol for a few days beforehand.
- Meat: Try eliminate red meat, and deli meats containing nitrates and other enhancers. Choose chicken, turkey and steamed fish if you want lean protein.
- Sugar: Avoid sugary products and sugar itself.
- Morning: Start each day with a glass of lemon in warm water. Drink roughly at 9.00, 13.00, 16.00 and 20.00
- Exercise: Your energy levels will change when you’re on a juice cleanse, some people feel energised, while others may experience waves of energy. Listen to your body and limit yourself to light exercise.
- Diet: Eating during your cleanse will slow down the juice cleansing process so we recommend only sticking to the juices. We promise you won’t feel hungry. Don’t forget to drink plenty of water!
- Chew your juice: This might sound strange but try and chew your juice. Don’t gulp it down and take breaks. Chewing encourages our bodies to release digestive enzymes, facilitating the absorption of each and every nutrient. It should take about 30 minutes for each juice – after all it’s a meal, not a drink!
- Morning wake up: A juice cleans is a great way to give your system a new start. Extend the benefits of your cleanse and keep up the same morning routine of lemon in warm water.
- Easy does it: Ease yourself back into eating whole foods gradually so for the first day a fruit salad for breakfast, soup for lunch and vegetables for dinner.
- After a day or two: slowly introduce dairy and other animal products into your diet. Make sure to stock up with lots of fresh green vegetables and fruit and sip on water throughout the day.
- Keep it up! Treat this opportunity as your “clean slate”. Enjoy your food, not only for its taste, but also for the nutrition it's flooding your body with.